Sat, Nov 04|
PRIVATE VENUE-Collierville/Loveland area
She Shoots Women's Safety + Self Protection Seminar
Learn about the criminal mindset, the victim selection process, and how NOT to be selected as a victim. But what if you do everything right and things still go wrong? You'll need tools/skills to protect yourself The more tools/skills you have, the more likely you are to prevail. Start Preparing Now.
Time & Location
Nov 04, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CDT
PRIVATE VENUE-Collierville/Loveland area, Collierville, TN, USA
About the event
The most important component to self-protection is first and foremost knowing how NOT to be selected as the victim of a (violent) crime. The bulk of the day will be spent learning about the criminal mindset, the victim selection process, and how NOT to be selected as a victim as your most important first line of defense. But what if you do everything right and things still go wrong? Are you equipped to protect and defend yourself? Knowing how to safely and effectivley use Using Pepper Spray can be a game changer though sometimes more force is needed. Firearms safety is the first place to start learning how to defend yourself from a lethal attack and we will move along the use of force continuum to being exploring firearms safety to prepare you to leave the seminar and learn!
PRE-REQUISITE: Ladies Only, age 15+
WHAT TO BRING
- Note taking materials
- Snacks, water, lunch (there will be a brief lunch break but not time to leave for food, plan accordingly. We are working on having lunch provided)
- Please wear comfortable clothing that you can move in. This is not a phsycially intense class, but there will be movement.
COURSE OUTLINE AND OBJECTIVES
8:00am-12:00pm: Refuse To Be A Victim
We never think a crime will happen to us, until it actually does. While sometimes unfortunate things do happen unexpectedly, it is important to be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for personal safety and crime prevention. Having a personal safety strategy in place and knowing the techniques and tactics you can use to avoid becoming a potential victim can help you live smarter and be safer.
“Crimes of Opportunity” are crimes committed without planning or forethought. When criminals realize they have a chance to commit a crime, they seize the opportunity. Don’t be an easy target. We can all pinpoint times where we’ve made ourselves an easy target – whether it was keeping our heads buried in our phones, parking in a dimly lit area at night, or leaving our houses or cars unlocked. But there are many more, less obvious situations that make us vulnerable as well. This segment will cover:
- Psychology of Criminal Predators: Understand what makes a criminal a predator.
- Mental Preparedness: Prepare yourself for any situation that may arise.
- Physical Security: Don't ignore your instincts. If something feels wrong, it probably is!
- Automobile Security: Equip yourself with the necessities for any type of situation.
12:30pm - 3:00pm: Using Pepper Spray (OC)
Layers are the key to the best personal safety plans and OC (pepper) Spray is a must have component. In the words of Chuck Haggard: “You need something between a strong word and a gun” and OC/Pepper Spray does just that! Contrary to popular belief, pepper spray is neither a generic product, nor is it an "off the shelf" solution. Know how to use your tools before you're in a "need to use" situation. Course objectives include:
- Personal Protection Devices: Tools that you can use for personal protection.
- Knowing the different types of active ingredients in sprays
- Understanding the reactions elicited from different active ingredients
- Common myths, misinformation, misunderstandings around sprays
- Real life practice with inert units
*There NOT be live exposure to pepper spray in this class. We will practice with water units- no worse than being sprayed with a tiny squirt gun of water as the ingredient is only water.
Each participant will receive:
- Inert practice unit for pepper spray portion (water only)
- POM keychain pepper spray to take home
3:00pm - 4:30pm: Hand Gun Safety
Some problems need more than just a harsh word or pepper spray, and handgun safety is where you start learning. This is a great introduction to handguns and will set you up to go forward with handgun training with a qualified instructor. There will be NO shooting at this workshop. What we will cover:
- Fundamentals of Handgun Safety
- Parts of a Handgun
- All about ammunition
- The firing process
- Getting ready for the range
4:30pm - 5:00pm: Q & A and Wrap up
Refuse To Be A VictimKristin Benton
General Admission$125.00+$3.13 service feeSale ended