Sat, May 07|
Refuse To Be A Victim® + Using OC (Pepper) Spray
Refuse To Be A Victim® and Using OC (Pepper) Spray are the most popular She Shoots classes and where we recommend you start if you are completely new to personal safety. Learn how NOT to be selected as the victim of a crime, then learn how to incorporate Pepper Spray into your personal safety plan.
Time & Location
May 07, 2022, 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM CDT
GlockStore, 1930 Air Ln Dr, Nashville, TN 37210, USA
About the event
This class combines our two most popular stand alone courses: Refuse To Be A Victim -and- Using Pepper Spray. These are your best first steps in preparing for your own personal safety.
8:30am-12:30pm: Refuse To Be A Victim
We never think a crime will happen to us, until it actually does. While sometimes unfortunate things do happen unexpectedly, it is important to be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for personal safety and crime prevention. Having a personal safety strategy in place and knowing the techniques and tactics you can use to avoid becoming a potential victim can help you live smarter and be safer.
“Crimes of Opportunity” are crimes committed without planning or forethought. When criminals realize they have a chance to commit a crime, they seize the opportunity. Don’t be an easy target. We can all pinpoint times where we’ve made ourselves an easy target – whether it was keeping our heads buried in our phones, parking in a dimly lit area at night, or leaving our houses or cars unlocked. But there are many more, less obvious situations that make us vulnerable as well.
This program (created by the NRA) will cover:
- Psychology of Criminal Predators: Understand what makes a criminal a predator.
- Mental Preparedness: Prepare yourself for any situation that may arise.
- Physical Security: Don't ignore your instincts. If something feels wrong, it probably is!
- Automobile Security: Equip yourself with the necessities for any type of situation.
- Personal Protection Devices: Tools that you can use for personal protection.
Each participant will receive:
- RFTBAV student handbook
- RTBAV certificate of completion
1:00pm - 2:30pm: Using Pepper Spray
Layers are the key to the best personal safety plans and OC (pepper) Spray is a must have component. In the words of the “Legendary Lawman,” Chuck Haggard: “You need something between a strong word and a gun” and OC/Pepper Spray does just that! Contrary to popular belief, pepper spray is neither a generic product, nor is it an "off the shelf" solution. Know how to use your tools before you're in a "need to use" situation. Course objectives include:
- Knowing the different types of active ingredients in sprays
- Understanding the reactions elicited from different active ingredients
- Common myths, misinformation, misunderstandings around sprays
- Real life practice with inert units
Each participant will receive:
- Inert practice unit for pepper spray portion
- POM keychain pepper spray to take home
Pre-requisite: Ladies Only, age 14+
FULL DAY (6 hours)
Course includes a student handbook, certificate of completion, take home POM pepper spray, inert POM practice spray unit$95.00+$2.38 service fee
Refuse To Be A Victim® (4hrs)
This ticket is ONLY for the Refuse To Be A Victim® portion of class. 8:30am - 12:30pm. Includes a handbook and certificate of completion.$45.00+$1.13 service fee
Using Pepper Spray (1.5 hours)
This ticket is ONLY for the Using Pepper Spray portion of class. 1pm-2:30pm. Includes a POM keychain pepper spray and an intert POM test/practice spray unit.$52.00+$1.30 service fee